On Select Items Over $68
Scientists Reveal that This One Ingredient Can Significantly Reduce Your Blood Pressure
Everyone is a child of someone's and unfortunately there comes a time when you transition from not just being a parent to your children but also a care taker to your parents.
Which means putting your "big girl" panties on to make decisions to elongate your parents' life span to the fullest.
Choices that I might add, your parents probably weren't making for themselves.
So here you are, in this weird place where you're now responsible for your parent's health.
And now you're in charge of changing their diet to accommodate their age and new health conditions.
It's tough. My dad went from eating what he "thought" was healthy aka:
- Spaghetti and meatballs (with sugar)
- Overly sweetened cereals
- Tons of bread and carbs for sandwiches
- Deep fried foods
- And processed junk food
Which immediately raised a few alarms that his doctor brought to my attention. My dad was suffering from high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
So I made the executive decision to go from sugary meals to salads, grilled foods and Cheerios (his cereal alternative of choice).
But one day when I was venting to a friend; she told about this green powder with a weird name called Spirulina that she adds to her protein shakes. She said it worked for her and mostly importantly, it worked for her uncle who also suffers from high blood pressure.
That was all I needed to hear, I got online ordered a container and started making my dad these low calorie green yogurt bowls that he surprisingly loves.
So of course, I had to hop on here to share this life-changing recipe I randomly stumbled upon.
Let me know in the comments how this recipe turns out for you!
EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR YUMMY GREEN YOGURT BOWL:
- Bullet, blender or food processor
- 1¼ cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup of Bananas (optional, you can blend half banana to thicken the yogurt)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ tsp Now Foods Spirulina
- 1 tbsp of Goji Berries (optional)
- 1 tbsp of your choice of nuts
- Drizzle of honey or agave (to sweeten)
- In a blender or food processor add yogurt, half of a banana (optional), and the Now Food Green Spirulina.
- Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes, stopping and scraping the sides down as needed.
- Pour blended yogurt into a bowl.
- Top with sliced bananas, strawberries, goji berries, coconut flakes and chopped nuts.
Like the Recipe? Pin it!