On Select Items Over $68
Soda and Coffee are depleting your necessary Magnesium - load up
We need Magnesium
Magnesium is an essential minerals that the body cannot do without. Magnesium helps build bones, is responsible for nerve function, and is essential to the production of energy from digested food. We are still learning about this amazing mineral.
if you've ever had that cramped up muscle, you'll know you need it.
Magnesium is a required element of muscle relaxation, and without it our muscles would be in a constant state of contraction.
Magnesium is known to reduce muscle tension, lessen migraine headaches, improve sleep, and especially known for helping with anxiety and depression.
Magnesium is widely known to have therapeutic value in treating headaches, pain, asthma, sleep disorders and many more. In this study, magnesium has been linked to reduction in diabetes and heart disease.
Two things you should take away from this article :
- Proper magnesium intake is rare
- Sodas ( especially dark ones with Phosphate) deplete Magnesium.
The Magnesium thief : Sodas
Colored sodas contain a chemicals called phosphates. It can bind with magnesium inside your digestive tunnels, making it unavailable, even if you are eating a balanced diet. If you are drinking soda with your meals you are flushing magnesium out of your system. For real. The science is clear.
Magnesium deficiency can be seen in some of these symptoms below :
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Chest pain (angina)
- Coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis
- Type II diabetes
We recommend changing your eating habits to include these foods with high levels of Magnesium:
- Pumpkin seeds, no hulls (1/4 cup) = 303 mg
- Chia seeds, (1/4 cup) = 162 mg
- Buckwheat flour (1/2 cup) = 151 mg
- Brazil nuts (1/4 cup) = 125 mg
- Oat bran, raw (1/2 cup) = 110 mg
- Halibut (3 oz) = 103 mg
- Almonds (1/4 cup) = 99 mg
- Cashews (1/4 cup) = 89 mg
- Spinach, boiled (1/2 cup) = 79 mg
- Swiss Chard, boiled (1/2 cup) = 75 mg